Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Warm Hello Card

I'm back on-line! Yup, more computer problems yesterday but luckily the neighbour who is a computer guru came over and got us back on-line. Here's the weekend update. On Saturday we did 26km on the bicycles and Sunday we walked about 9,000 steps around Point Pelee. So, we definitely got our exercise. Yesterday was a take-it-easy day. I went down to the lower studio to do some scrapbooking but I didn't get much accomplished. I'm not quick at putting most layouts together at the best of time - second guess, third guess, and even fourth guessing takes time people! I was tired yesterday and kept moving pictures and paper around and around and around. Didn't glue anything down so basically got nothing accomplished. Today was yard work day so the unfinished layout remains unfinished!

The only unusual thing that happened on the weekend was when I was asked if I wanted to try hitting a tennis ball with a cricket bat. We had just stopped bicycling and I was standing at the car trunk putting the water bottles in when a tennis ball came right down on the car beside me. I jumped and the men playing cricket yelled they were sorry and I just laughed and said I was just glad I wearing a helmet. As Joe was putting the bikes back on the carrier I walked up to the bathroom and coming back one of the guys asked me if I wanted to try hitting the ball. Sure, why not! The only instructions he gave me was to tell me to let it bounce once before I try hitting it. Try?? Excuse me?? One bounce  and wham! I hit that sucker so hard they were all shocked and nobody caught it! They did not believe a little old lady (well maybe not so old and maybe short but not very little either) could hit it at all, let alone that hard. I guess I didn't mention to them that I used to play baseball on the Hamilton All-Stars back in my younger days!!! Haha! I whacked another, not quite as far, but they still missed it. I quit while I was ahead. They (and wives? mothers? watching - I guess Muslin women do not play cricket??) all cheered for me each time. Nice people.  Joe missed my cricket debut. He was too focused on getting the bikes on the carrier. His loss. I had fun. He really should pay more attention to his surroundings!

Here is today's card - another new Memory Box die used.


I die cut the black cardstock using a Memory Box die and then glued it to the card base which I sponged various colours of Distress Ink around, using the yellow and orange for around the flowers plus a bit of light green as a shadow. I die cut the tag - Sizzix - and stamped a sentiment and then decided to add some colour to it as well. The tie is yellow embroidery thread. The centres of the flowers are a pale blue gem stone to pick up the blue sponged onto the card base. I'm much quicker making cards then I am scrapbooking!  Tomorrow I'll post a card using the negative space.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...