Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Negative Die Card

Not much happening around here today so no news to share. The brain disorders have attacked again so I'm having a stay at home and easy day today. Back to the unfinished scrapbook layout this afternoon and I'm determined to finish it.

Yesterday I posted a Thinking of You card using a Memory Box die called Frangia Bouquet and of course I hate to waste the paper of the negative die cut. Here's a different take on using it.


I simply glued the black die cut onto a cream card base and added gold peel-and-stick lines around the edge. At first I was going to die cut another piece of cardstock and place it inside the negative, but then you have another negative die cut to deal with.  So this is what I did instead. I swiped Distress Inks onto a hard piece of plastic that was intended to be used with faux stain-glass leading and paint. I picked it up at the dollar store but never used it for it's intended purpose but I use it all the time with my Distress Inks. So, once the inks were swiped onto the plastic I misted them with water and with a tiny paint brush I painted inside the lines. Quick and simple and it looks really nice in person. I added gems in the centre of the flowers and a peel-and-stick sentiment.....and no extra negative space to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...