Friday, June 28, 2013

New Home!

No, not a new home for us; however, my youngest daughter and hubby just bought a new home and I decided to use this week's sketch from Stamping Bella for a congratulations on your new home card. She is also getting a couple of scrap quilts for her extra bedrooms but I don't have them done yet.

Here's the card.


The background paper is from the stash. The bottom strip was die cut using the Spellbinder's Border die and the rectangles were all cut from the Spellbinder's Card Creator die sets. The rectangle with the words on it was computer generated. I just typed congratulations and new home several times, changed the fonts and colours and printed it out and then die cut it. I didn't worry about trying to get it the same size as the die because now it looks like a large piece of paper that was cut down.

The stamp is, of course, Stamping Bella. It looks muted in the photo because after it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol I spritzed clear Glimmer Mist over it. The camera picked it up more than I thought it would. In real life, you can't see the shine until the light hits it. The little bird was a plain wooden one that I coloured with Tombow markers.

I attempted to colour in the embossed edge of the rectangle with the stamped image using the instructions from the tutorial from Becca - http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/perfect-ink-bordered-die-cuts - who does the most amzing cards ever. Her tutorials are great and her voice is so soothing I keep thinking she should do voice-over for kid's videos to help them relax. Okay, way off topic here. Anyway, she mentions that not all ink work well with this method and she was right. The one I used didn't so I had to run a marker down the edge to get the look I wanted. I shall keep trying with other inks though because I love the look.

Well, this is a long weekend here in Ontario - Canada Day is July 1st! BBQ, family and fun times are coming soon. Whatever you do this weekend, make it a good one. Have fun and be safe.

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...