Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Card without any Colouring


A very hot and humid day today – and of course, we decided to get the grass cut and the flower bed weeded, hoed and trimmed.  We never learn…..but it’s done now so we are free to go biking and hiking – oh, oh, the predicted weather is rain, rain, rain starting tonight and every day until next Tuesday. Hubby is not amused. I slipped down to the library after supper and picked up a copy of “Day Tripper” which is a great free publication that suggests different venues all over Ontario. I told him to find some inside fun things to do this weekend in case we are rained out. He’s still not amused.


Today’s card is another one from the stash and using some of the same paper that I used in yesterday’s card.
 

                                    


 Same procedure as yesterday – cut two pieces of paper, tape it together and add trim along the seam. This time it’s a strip of ribbon. I always put my ribbon down with double sided tape to hold it securely.


The large white flower was also in with the paper from the thrift store so I decided to use it as well. The camera put a glare on it but it is a very nice large white flower with gold trim. The fern is from a Martha Stewart punch and the tag is from ProvoCraft – Cuttlebug die. The sentiment was stamped and embossed. A nice card, quick to make because I don’t always have time to colour up stamped images.....and it puts a very small dent in the stash.

 I tried to post this about two hours ago but our computer keeps losing connection and it was so frustrating I gave up. Our neighbour, the computer guru, thinks he has a solution to stop this but so far he hasn’t been over to work on it. Summer is so busy for everyone but I hope he comes soon!

Tomorrow is the July 4th celebration in the United States so wishing all my U.S. readers a Happy 4th!

 

Hugs
Violet

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...