Thursday, July 4, 2013

Embossing Folders,Chalk and Ink


Well, no bike ride again today. Weather forecast was calling for rain and thunderstorms so we decided to head out to Port Stanley to see a play. We take the secondary roads so it's about an hour and a half drive but its a nice day out. As we were enjoying lunch at The Roxy I looked out the port hole (yes, port hole) and spotted a green Toyota Camry that had a hitch. I mentioned it to Joe and he checked and old eagle eyes could even see the license plate cover and it was from Campbell Toyota where we traded in our old Camry for a new one last month. It was still parked on the street when we finished lunch so Joe checked a couple of spots that would identify it with our old car and sure enough, it was our old Camry. What a small world. We have never seen it here in town, but we see it 65 miles away. Too funny. The play was very funny and the ice cream after it was very yummy – home made ice cream! On the way home we stopped at a nursery and I picked up 6 bags of bulbs of coneflowers (5 in each bag)  and lilies (3 in each bag) for $5.00 – total – a bonus buy for sure. They will be in the garden tomorrow.
 
Today’s card is another one that I didn’t sit and colour. I like to experiment and I like how this one turned out.


 
This was a Sizzix embossing folder and I just rubbed chalk over the embossed areas and the sky and then stamped the sentiment with dark green ink – I think Stampin’ Up. I like a variety of cards so this one is very different than my usual stamped, coloured and layered cards.

 
That’s it for today. Tomorrow is likely more rain so I’ll likely hit the lower studio for some art therapy.
                  
Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...