Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It's Your Day

Another beautiful day here in Southwestern Ontario and we made sure we were out enjoying it at Rondeau….another 28 km bike ride! These days will be coming to an end soon so we cannot sit inside the house on a day like this. Trouble is my crafting time is a bit limited so I don’t get as much done but, as Joe says, “those are winter projects”.

A lady asked me on the comment section how much I sell my cards for. Well, I don’t actually sell them. I give them to people who in return give me a donation of at least $2.00 which covers the cost of the material used (most of the time) – and then I can buy more supplies! I’m not in this to make money but it’s nice that they pay for the material I used so I’m not going into debt. I obviously don't charge for my time. When I make a personalized card for someone, they donate a bit more…but that is up to them. I love to make cards and I’m not one to just sit around unless I’m reading a good book. My sewing room (the Upper Studio) is right off the family room by the television so when Joe is watching his sports on TV, I don’t like to quilt or sew so then I head down to the “Lower Studio” (aka the basement) and make cards or scrapbook or paint.
 
Today’s card is another one using up bits and pieces.

   
I had those two circles left over from other projects and the strip along the side. So I covered a card base with the buff paper and inked the edges. The circle on top is on dimensional glue dots to add a little more interest. Then I found some dark blue cardstock and die cut out the “It’s Your Day” and some funky stars using a Cuttlebug die. When it was done I realized that I really liked it. I thought it might be too blah but the blue really pops on the buff paper. You never know until you try!

 Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to bike on a day like this! The card is lovely too, the die cut is the perfect shade of blue to stand out. It is a nice idea to have a donation for your cards, pay for your habit haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way the blue POPS off the paper too! I envy you and your hubby your bike rides....If only i could get hubby on a bike.....we have two but he says the bike hurts him so i guess that is out....

    Great idea on your 'donations'. I would love it if i could find a way to 'feed' my habit. LOL! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...