Sunday, September 1, 2013

Camping Trip Layout


It’s the last weekend of summer – and its threatening rain. It’s not supposed to rain on my birthday!!! Yup, today I turn 66! How the heck did that happen? We are such “outdoor” people it’s hard to plan anything when it’s threatening rain so much. Yesterday looked like rain too and we waited until after lunch and then decided to take a chance and go to Rondeau and we ended up doing our normal 30.9 km bike ride (20 miles) with just a few small drops of rain. Today looks a little more threatening though. One of my daughters and her son Skype’d me this morning so that was nice start to the day.

I thought I would show you a scrapbook layout I did about my grandson’s camping trip with their parents in 2010 - yes, I'm still working on 2010 photos.
 
 
Here is the two page layout. I design my own pages as I go along. I try to use layouts from magazines or on-line but somehow I never have the right number of photos or the wrong size. One of the rules of scrapbooking is to have an uneven number of elements that keep the eye moving around the page. I think I achieved this with the three transparent funky circles, one on each top corner of the far left and right pictures and one at the bottom in the middle. I like to put a strip of patterned paper underneath the pictures so the pictures don’t look like they are floating.

Some of the small elements are Dazzles from Paper Wishes, and the background paper is from a Paper Wishes Almost Done kit. Love those kits. The other elements are from the stash.

 Here are the individual pages.
 


 

 Cheers
Violet
 

1 comment:

  1. I won't tell you how long some of my photos have languishing in boxes...its embarrassing!

    Happy HAPPY Birthday Violet!!! Did someone bake you a cake???I hope so! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...