Friday, August 30, 2013

Bellariffic Friday Card

Another Friday – and the last one of summer to boot! The summers just go by faster and faster each year. They are predicting a lot of rain and thunderstorms in Ontario over the long weekend so I don’t think we’ll be venturing too far.

Not much happening around here today. I finished some quilt blocks but haven’t sewn them together yet and I finally made it down to the lower studio and did some stamping and colouring for more cards. This week’s challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a card with flowers somewhere on it – and using her stamps of course.

Well, I bought this stamp on sale and wasn’t sure how to use it once I got home but it turns out it makes a nice birthday card. Here it is.

 

The background definitely has flowers on it so it should qualify. The strip along the side came with the watermark on it and it came with the 6x6 pack along with the flower paper. I found a piece of cardstock in a lighter colour than the strip and die cut and embossed it to mount the stamped image on. The word “you’re” was stamped in the same blue as her pants and then added to a Cuttlebug die cut tag which is popped up with glue dots. I had a small piece of the cardstock left over from cutting the rectangle so punched out a heart and added it to the stamped image. This is a very colourful image so I expect it will appeal to a pre-teen or teenage girl.

Have a happy but safe long weekend everyone

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Aaahh this promises to be a weekend long celebration of my hubby's double nickel (55) birthday. :) Not sure what the kids have planned but we'll see...

    No rain in sight here. HOt , about 95 and in the 60's at night...uughh.. Still feels like summer.....

    Cute card Violet! I love how you colored it.Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...