Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fishing Lad Card

Back to the regular scheduling post today – a card! I haven’t been down to the lower studio for over a week and I’m having withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately the old brain disorders reared their ugly heads on Sunday afternoon and I’ve been forced to have a couple of quiet, non-creative days. However, as usual, this too passed and I’m almost back to normal – well, my normal!!! At least I was well enough to go with Joe to get groceries this morning and after I post this I am definitely hitting the lower studio for some art therapy.

First some stamping news - Stamping Bella just released some new stamps – very different from her others and so darn cool. I love them all. I won another $20 in Bella bucks last week for posting my card on her weekly challenge so there is a good possibility that I just might be placing an order later today!! I’ve also got some stamps in mind from Lost Coast Designs but I haven’t narrowed down the ones I can afford yet. Oh, and Lindsay (aka The Frugal Crafter) has her watercolor tutorials for sale in her shop – and a couple of free ones on her blog. I bought some of the tutorials a couple of weeks and can’t wait to get started on them.  ........and no, I don’t get any perks for mentioning Stamping Bella or The Frugal Crafter or any other company but I do believe in spreading out great crafting sites whenever I can. Us crafters have to support each other, right?

Today’s card is one I whipped up last week using one of those small .99 stamps.

 


This one was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. To make the water, I tore a post-it note, placed it level with the dock the boy is sitting on and sponged on Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, then I moved it down and did the same thing, over and over making sure I just sponged near the torn edge. The fish did not come with the stamp of the boy fishing. This was just another single stamp I picked up for a dollar somewhere so I stamped it, coloured it and cut it out and attached it with dimensional glue dots. The strip down the side is from the stash. I kept trying different labels with a birthday message on them but they all covered up the waves or were distracting from the image so I just left it as is. The card looks crooked but once again, I did a quick click with the camera and didn’t realize the card had popped open on the stand. It is straight in real life.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. such a cute card! Love the stamp! Glad you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...