Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Another wonderful day here in Ontario. It felt more like a late June day than October 2. We went for a hike at Point Pelee today and we were hot even with just tee shirts on. Not much to photograph there today but I did get a couple good shots. We saw about a dozen monarch butterflies which is more than we have seen in one day this year. They say the number of monarchs are down by 80% this year and it will take about 3 or 4 years for the numbers to rebound, as long as all goes well. Fingers are crossed! We only saw one flock of blue jays so they must be just arriving now.

I had so much fun making that folded card that I made another one. Here is the second card made from my template.
 
 
Once again I took a piece of double sided cardstock with one side being very plain and light in colour and traced my pattern on to it and cut it out. Then I took the card over to my mixed media desk and applied some ink and paint using various stencils. Turned out I didn’t really like the larger green circles but once they are on, they are on to stay! The butterfly was stamped in black but then I coloured in the middle parts of the wings and some of the trail design with Tombow Markers. Then I outlined the butterfly with a black glaze pen.  The sleeve to hold it together hosts an old earring that was glued on with Glossy Accents. Glossy Accents is the best I’ve found for really holding embellishments on. I like to take old earrings and other jewelry apart and use them in my crafting.

Here’s the card opened up.
 

 

The sentiment (Hot Off the Press) was stamped in black and then I went over it with the black glaze pen. It was stamped on a rectangle cut and embossed using one the Spellbinder’s majestic rectangle die.  

 Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...