Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Pirate for Halloween


Halloween is coming and yet it feels like spring out there! However, we are expecting some thunderstorms and rain from now until at least Monday so I don’t think there will be in biking or hiking this weekend. But, seeing as it is October, I thought I’d post another Halloween costume I made for my grandson Jack.


 
A pirate costume is pretty easy to make – except for the boots! I used a vest pattern and lengthened it and added gold buttons. The shirt is an oversize one that Barbi already had. The hat and sword came from Value Village who sells new Halloween accessories at a very reasonable price. I bought some silky red material and brown material for the sashes. He was going to wear them both around his waist but then changed his mind and wore one as a scarf. The belt is just that – a belt but it suited the costume with the big buckle. Someone gave Barbi the parrot for his shoulder but he didn’t go trick or treating with it. This was a fun project.
 
Cheers
Violet
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw he looks adorable Violet! What a crafty woman you are!!!
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...