Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Another New Card

Another great day here in Ontario – a little windy but still a great day. I still have no voice most of the time. Once in awhile it will come back to almost normal, and half way thru a sentence it leaves again. Very frustrating – and weird. Yesterday I did some of the fall clean-up out in the garden. Planting flowers in the spring is so much more enjoyable; but, the fall clean-up has to be done.

Today we went for about an hour and half walk along a new trail near here. Nice trail but not very long. On the way home we got groceries and did some other errands including going to the library. Nice day for sure!

Today’s card is another one I made last week during my “I have to do something different’ era. 
This time I decided to create a shaped card of my own design. I’ve seen cards similar to these in different magazines but they did not include a pattern so I made my own. I made a template out of old cardstock for future use. Here’s the card folded and ready for giving.

 


I took a piece of double sided cardstock with one side being very plain and light in colour and traced my pattern on to it and cut it out. Then I took the card over to my mixed media desk and applied some ink and paint using various stencils. Then I stamped the bird and bottom design (Tim Holtz) in black and his bush stamp in green using only part of it here and there to fill in the spot. The simple birthday greeting was stamped in black at the bottom. To hold it together in the mail I cut a strip of the same paper and made a sleeve adding a small butterfly where it joined.


 

Here’s the card opened up.
  


The sentiment (Hot Off the Press) was stamped in hot pink on a rectangle cut and embossed using the Spellbinder’s majestic rectangle die. The little butterflies were also from a Tim Holtz stamp.

I liked this card so much I made one using the same paper but different designs. Stay tuned for it!
Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...