Monday, October 14, 2013

Peacock Feather Card

Today is the Canadian Thanksgiving! I am now entering the 5th week with no voice! Yup, the laryngitis lingers on so we didn’t go visit any of the family this weekend. If I talk more than a few minutes I have absolutely no voice so I know it will never clear up if I keep making my self talk. We did do a 30km bike ride on Saturday and hiked for over three hours yesterday so we did get out and about – just not visiting. So, it’s a crafty day for me, laundry day for Joe. I don’t do laundry – ever! In fact we bought a new washer and dryer last spring and I have no idea how to work the washing machine. I can throw clothes into the dryer and start it though. I mean, after all, its right opposite my card making table so it’s the least I can do to help out!

This card was made with one of those small .99 stamps from Paper Wishes (Hot Off the Press). Its one of the new ones I just ordered….and I love it!...now that I’ve had time to play with it. I wasn’t sure at first what I was going to do with it but it turned out I will use it a lot.
 

The peacock feathers are the new stamp – and the small bits of feathers in the top right corner came with it. I stamped it three times using a 4-ink stamp pad from Rangers. The fancy label is also from Hot Off the Press and stamped with the same ink pad. You can put different sentiments in the centre of all these fancy labels so I chose this one to be a birthday card. The cardstock started out white but I blended Tumbled Glass Distress Ink all around it to give it some colour then it was mounted on to a dark blue card base. The gold strips around the edge are peel-and-stick. When I first used this stamped I stamped it three times on a piece of scrap paper that was lying on my desk just to get a feel for it. I was about to toss out the practice piece when I decided it was too nice to toss so I made it into a card too. I’ll post it another day.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...