Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Peacock Feathers Once Again

Another beautiful fall day here in Ontario - cool overnight but it warms up during the day. We haven't had the furnace on yet but it is about 64F in the house when we get up in the morning but I hate to turn the furnace on yet. This weekend it's going to be quite a bit cooler so I expect it to be running then. Hard to make myself get up out of a warm bed in the morning into a cold house to get ready to go to Aqua Fit though - but I made it!
 
This is the second card I made with the peacock feather stamp, stamped three times again.
 

I really like these small .99 stamps from Paper Wishes. This was my practice piece with this stamp. I was just trying it out on a piece of white cardstock that was lying on my desk and I was actually going to toss it out when I decided I really liked it. I just lightly sponged some blue around the feathers with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. It was stamped with the blended ink pad by Rangers; however, the pink colour does not show up at all so I’m a little disappointed in this ink pad. The purple and teal show up well and the dark blue a bit but it is what it is.

So, I rummaged through the stash (yes I’m on another “use up the stash” tear) and found this purple that matched the purple in the peacock feathers so I die cut with the Spellbinder’s Majestic Square die and luckily it just fit behind it. Then I found the green and ran it thru the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder – the one I seem to use the most! The little sentiment that says “Flaunt what you’ve got” came with the stamp set so I stamped it on a piece of the left over green, matted it on the purple at attached it with dimensional glue dots.

The small embellishment in the lower right was made with the smaller dies in the same square die set as the large frame. I just die cut one large purple and one small square of both the green and purple and layered them all and then added a gold flower sticker. Once it was glued on the card base I decided it needed some more gold so I added the gold strips along the edges.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...