Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Pumpkin Chair

We are getting close to Halloween so I thought I would post a Halloween scrapbook page.  Well, actually this is just before Halloween. My daughter and her husband took little Finn out to the pumpkin patch and Ross actually picked a pumpkin that Finn could sit in. Why? It’s a Ross thing I guess – but he was right, it made for some very cute pictures. I love how he captured the different looks on Finn’s face as he realized what he was sitting in. Too funny. Here’s my layout.

 

This designer paper came just as it is and I do believe it came from a package I picked up at the dollar store. I just die cut the title with Cuttlebug alphabet dies. The top picture has a stamped admission ticket from Paper Wishes that says “Admit One” and then I wrote his name underneath. He seemed quite happy sitting in the pumpkin. The next two tags were die cut with a Sizzix die. Love how he’s pointing to his chin while thinking about what he’s sitting in. The next photo says it all – Not a happy camper now!...he was quickly removed from the pumpkin at this stage before he had a complete meltdown. The journaling was computer printed on a piece of white cardstock that I blended various inks – likely Distress Inks but not sure now. Then I attached the labels and the tags with black square brads.

This is the companion page. Not a two page layout but when I know two pages are going to be opposite each other I do like them to match a bit – it’s a Virgo thing!

 

My oldest daughter’s best friend {who calls me Mom2 and I call her daughter 3 ½ (half because her mom won’t give her to me completely to make her my 4th daughter)}; anyway, she found this lamb costume somewhere and bought it for Finn. She was right, he looked adorable in it. The designer paper came from the same paper pack as the other page. The top photo I decided to frame to make it stand out. I traced the fancy frame from a stencil and then cut it out by hand and added a sticker across the bottom of the photo. The pumpkin came in another pack so I did some quick journaling and attached it behind the pumpkin and then attached it with dimensional glue dots. Then all I had to do was mount two of the photos on white and attach them. The pumpkin stacks and crow were die cut from Sizzix dies and then coloured with Distress inks.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...