Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I Would Share Anything With You & my Cricut Analysis

Looks like today was the last nice day because we have rain forecasted for tomorrow and Thursday.  Joe mulched the grass and leaves and I pulled the last of the annuals and put the gladioli and Canna lily bulbs away. Then I hurried back into the house and started to play with my friend’s Cricut again. She got it for Christmas last year and didn’t use it much and decided I should play with it for a few days. I didn’t cut out much but just a few images and I attempted to die cut some alphabet letters but it didn’t cut thru light cardboard (think cereal box thickness at the most) even though it said it would cut chipboard. I’ve never used one before so this is my take on them. Well, good news is that it does cut various images in any size you would like. I understand the cartridges are very expensive too but not sure how much they are as I've never priced them. The bad news is it is not very user friendly and it is EXTREMELY noisy. Joe hates the sound of it cutting. If you are thinking of buying one, don’t if you don’t like technology or computers. It is all computerized and there are multiple steps to perform before you can cut. I watched a couple of YouTube videos on it first and they make it look so easy – it is not! My overall impression, I would have one if it was priced so low I would be foolish to turn it down (thinking second hand here) but I will not be buying one at regular price or even with a 40% off coupon. I think I’ll stick to my Cuttlebug and dies for now.

Today’s card was made with another one of the latest releases from Stamping Bella.
 

Love these stamps! They do take awhile to colour but I enjoy colouring so I don’t mind. This one was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol with chalk around the edges. The sentiment came with the stamp and in case you can’t read it, is says: There is nothing I wouldn’t share with you!  I haven’t put anything on the inside yet. I’m thinking of putting something like “So I’m sharing Birthday wishes for you” or “Sometimes just a talk with a friend is the best therapy. Call me if you need to talk.”  The jury is out. If you have any opinions or suggestions, please leave a comment.

I’m now off to the lower studio to listen to the washer and dryer running while I try to be creative!

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Anything that difficult to use would not be any fun at all! :) I'd love to hear about your CuttleBug and what it does and why you like it.

    Another cute card Violet! What about leaving it bland inside? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...