Friday, December 27, 2013

A New Die!!

Another Friday already! It was above freezing today so the snow that wasn’t piled up was melting – what a mess! This will be the on-going weather report for the entire winter! - Cold - Snow - Warm - Melt - over and over and over until Spring.

Today’s card was made with a new Spellbinder’s Majestic Die set I just bought at our local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle. I had a $25.00 gift card and this one just seemed to jump into my hands as I walked past – as did a few other things but that’s another story.


I wasn’t sure I liked that large decorative ornament but once I die cut a few other pieces and did some layering, I quite like it. The light blue background looked blah so it was embossed down one side. I did another card and embossed it with Swiss Dot embossing folder and I liked it much better, but this one is okay. So, lots of different layers, some popped up with dimensional dots, a stamped sentiment and a little butterfly added. The butterfly was die cut with a Stampin’ Up small die. I like to die cut the small pieces of left over paper and the butterfly die set is one of the first one I reach for.

 And that’s all for a Friday! Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. This is so nice Violet! I keep looking at all those cutting machines out there and i want one.... but then i look and see how much those die sets cost and i beat a hasty retreat. Would i use it? Sure. But i'm just not sure i would use it enough to justify the cost. Ah... maybe one day one will just fall into my lap. :) LOL! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...