Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Boxing Day - and a Card

Happy Boxing Day everyone! Well, we definitely had a white Christmas here after all. The snow was pretty much gone by last Sunday except where it was piled up and the grass was as green as could be but then it started to snow again on Tuesday and white it was! As far as I’m concerned it could leave again and not come back but unfortunately that is not going to happen. We woke up this morning to more snow and it’s probably about 3 or 4 inches deep right now. Hubby has decided to shovel it himself, against my wishes, but he’s bigger than I am (as most people are) so off he’s going. He has promised to take his time so hopefully he will remember to do so. We are feeling bad for the people in and around Toronto that still do not have power. It went out last Sunday during the ice storm they had, which just barely missed us, and thousands still don't have power - and its a lot colder now that it was last weekend. Hopefully they will get it back on soon.

Today’s card is another one of Stamping Bella’s latest release. Probably a lot of people were thinking of the scale while eating treats during the holiday so they will be able to relate to this card.

 
This one was once again coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol except for the background which is chalk. This stamp came with a saying “Do more of what makes you happy” but I didn’t care for that for this image but I love it for the old lady on the scooter so I use it there. I decided not to put a sentiment on the front but on the inside it says, “Tomorrow you can eat broccoli. Today is for cupcakes. Happy Birthday”. I think that makes this a fun card for a fun lady having a birthday.

Happy shopping for all you bargain hunters. I hate crowds and I don’t need a thing so I’m heading down to my lower studio (aka the basement) for some creative therapy!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...