Sunday, December 1, 2013

Computer's Fixed - I'm doing the happy dance - oh, and a card!

Yes, I’m doing the happy dance! My computer is back home and running like a brand new computer. Whoot! Whoot! The neighbour, aka the computer guru, did a great job getting it repaired. So glad we live right next door to him!

A few things have happened since the computer decided to crash. One of them is my Cuttlebug also died. I noticed awhile back that what I thought was a mark from a wayward black Sharpie turned out to be a crack along one side. It cracked right where the platforms go in so every time I used it, the side would pop open. After careful thought and planning I ended up buying a Big Shot from our local scrapbooking store, The Paper Pickle. Kim gave me a very good deal, threw in a free Spellbinder die of my choice and she had a promotion going that day included a $25.00 gift card for every order over $100.00 so she honoured that too. I so prefer to deal with small businesses instead of the big box stores. The Big Shot is so different than my little Cuttlebug but I’m getting used to it. Other things? Well the furnace needed to be repaired but that was Joe’s department. My department was the computer and the Big Shot.

So Friday was a Bellariffic Challenge day over at Stamping Bella and I did manage to get my card in to her before the computer crashed. I actually made two cards using the sketch she provided which I don’t normally do. However, I’ve found that if I stamp the same image two or even three times and colour them all at once, I end up with extra cards with very little effort. The background and/or designer paper is usually a bit different though.
 
Here is the card I submitted – she didn’t pick my name this week though but it’s still fun to enter.

 
This time I coloured it with water colour pencils and blended with water. I’ve been watching videos of The Frugal Crafter and she uses Derwent Intense Water Colour pencils a lot and they are now on my wish list. The labels are die cut from a Spellbinder die and the background paper is from the stash...with the edges inked. The three little stars are from a peel-and-stick sheet and so is the sentiment (which wasn't part of the sketch but I added it anyway).

Here is the second card. Same process but different paper.

The Merry & Bright was part of the paper so I didn't add any other sentiment on this one.
 
So glad to be back!

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back too! You have been missed! Which reminds me i need to get my little fanny in gear and make a post. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a big shot, 7 years and still going strong, you will love it! Isn't it strange how things break in threes? Well, hopefully the furnace is back up to snuff because it is getting chilly out! Beautiful card BTW:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...