Thursday, December 19, 2013

Drip. Drip. Drip. and a Christmas Layout

Drip. Drip. Drip. Yes, everything is melting because the temperature has risen once again. What a mess the sidewalks are! When we walked on Tuesday they were full of snow and slush, now its water and ice. Because I cancelled the Y membership I have to get exercise another way so I went for an hour’s walk after lunch. Not nearly as much fun as Aqua Fit but at least I got some exercise in. As soon as I got back I hit the sewing room again trying to get the last few gifts made. Why is it that I have the foresight to have all my Christmas cards done by the end of September but the inspiration for handcrafted gifts doesn’t happen until December??

Speaking of Christmas, here is another layout from Christmas 2010. Just some candid family shots on Christmas Day. I like the look of rounded corners and not matting sometimes.
Embellishments look better in odd numbers so I die cut three red circles and then printed out my journaling and cut it into strips and added it.  By placing them in an invisible triangle, it keeps the eye moving throughout the page. To add a little more fun I made small ‘x’s around part of each circle in blue. To ground the photos I just used some strips of left over paper and word tags. I just realized that I have Grampa, one daughter and four of the five grandchildren in this one but missed my grandson Jack. He was in other layouts though.

Here are the individual pages.


 
The Frugal Crafter left a comment asking if looking after the daycare kids made me feel young. NO! I had a one year old, an 18 month old, a two year old, and a three year old for almost two hours and a four year old for just awhile as she came after a party at her school. I was exhausted by the time I got home and I sure wouldn’t want to do that every day! I love kids and they love me and I don’t mind helping out but hats off to all the loving daycare workers out there – that is quite the job! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

Back to the sewing room.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...