Friday, December 20, 2013

Rainy Days Melt the Snow

Well, the rain came and is washing away most of the snow but it looks like the snow is coming back tomorrow. The weird weather continues.

This is the last Bellariffic Friday card for the year. Not sure what Stamping Bella has planned for next year but it will be fun I’m sure. This week was a free-for-all anything goes card as long as you use one of her stamps. Not a problem for me, I have lots of them. I decided to make a birthday card for a young to early twenties type girl.

 
It was stamped on Bella’s white cardstock and coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. A little bit of flocking was added to the top of the Uggs and the pompom on her hat. The edges were inked with blue ink and then it was glued to the blue base…but before I glued to the blue base I die cut both the smallest Spellbinder peony die and a scalloped circle from the blue because I didn’t know which one I wanted to use and no one sees what’s under the main image panel anyway so why waste it! I opted for the peony one and inked the edges just like the card. The stamped sentiment was punched out and glued on to the peony shape and then it was attached to the card with dimensional dots. The snow around here feet is Stickles and liquid pearls.

The dark brown piece (from the stash) covers the card base and then I added the brown strip and matching corner treatments. The strip and corner treatments are going to be showing up a lot on my cards and scrapbook pages. I was wandering through the thrift store last week and picked up a package that had several sheets of these along with scads of alphabets on matching circles. They were two shades of brown and a purple and brown so they will all mix and match. There were about 35 sheets of these, 8 or 9 sheets of dimensional dots, some nice ribbon in various shades still in original packages and some dimensional butterflies and dragonflies – all for $3.99. Good deal! Glad I picked it up. I found anything too much at the thrift stores lately though.

Back to the sewing room – yes, still working on Christmas presents!

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't get the ice storm heading for Maine tomorrow! Rain is way better! I too ma working on xmas gift (mom and the inlaws scrapbook calendar, I ma blog hopping while photos print LOL!) beautiful card, love the coloring!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...