Friday, March 7, 2014

A Very Yellow and Purple Card

Well, I’m still not feeling 100% but getting there. I insisted on going out to get groceries as the cupboards were getting a little bare and I hate trying to make a meal and having to make sure I have all the ingredients. We only get groceries every couple of weeks so when it’s time to get them, it’s time.

Today’s card is for the Stamping Bella challenge. This week she posted a picture with a lot of yellow in it and although we could use anything in the photo as inspiration, I went with the yellow.


I had a piece of bright yellow in the stash so I glued it to a white card base. As I was looking through my purple stash I found this piece that had the sentiment “enjoy life and” in the top corner. I thought I could go with that! The doily shape in the corner was made using one of my new Spellbinder dies. There are only two dies in the package – the solid shape and the cut-out shape. I die cut the solid shape out of another piece of bright yellow and then die cut the other piece out of a lighter, multi coloured piece of yellow and glued them together and then onto the card.  I stamped and coloured the image (Prismacolor pencils) and cut her out and glued her on with dimensional glue dots. To finish off the “enjoy life and” sentiment I stamped the Make a Wish in purple in the middle of the die cut using a stamp from Hot Off the Press. 

One note about Prismacolor pencils. These are probably the best coloured pencils on the market but there are two kinds, one round one with soft lead which is good for blending; and one skinny hexagon shaped one with hard lead that is not! I bought a box of the skinny ones before I realized there were two kinds and I wondered why I could not get a good blending. I researched it on the Internet and found out why! The skinny ones are good for small areas like flower stems or drawing lines but they don’t blend very well. So, if you are thinking of buying some, I would go with the round ones to start off with. I do use the skinny ones but I could do without them too.

That’s all for a mild, yes, mild Friday here in Ontario. It’s actually above the freezing mark for once.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh i just love purple and yellow together. I think it has to be my favorite combo. Infact i have some purple and yellow pansy flowers in a pot on the porch. Love this card!

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. Knock on wood neither hubby or i have been sick for quite some time... shhhh.. don't tell the Universe......

    Its 70 degrees today sunny and a little breezy. I've walked every day this week! Its been wonderful! Hope the mild weather stays with you! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...