Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Birthday Card Number Three

Card number three made for the son-in-law, who, by the way, is not fussy at all. It’s me that’s fussing, not him. It’s no different making a card for someone than going into a store to buy one and you look at several before you pick one that suits the person you are buying it for. This son-in-law looks like a huge Viking. He’s about 6’3” or more and I kept picturing him sitting on the bicycle in those first two cards and just couldn’t do it. So, I made just a general birthday card.


The card base was made from dark kraft cardstock and I covered it with patterned paper leaving about an 1/8” border around the edge. The cake was stamped on white cardstock and coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I had to mix two colours together to get the icing to be the same colour as the fancy square and the fancy label but it worked out very well. The cake stamp is from a package I picked up at the dollar store. Both sentiments came from a set from Hot Off the Press (Paper Wishes) called Birthday Greetings Stamp Set. I like this set and I use it a lot. The Happy Birthday was stamped on a left-over piece from the card base. The “Make a Wish” stamp label was adhered with dimensional pop dots. This could be a card for a man or a woman I think.

I liked this card just fine but at supper I was telling Joe about not liking the first two cards and making a third one when all of a sudden I thought, "I bet he would like a Steampunk card!" So, after supper I went to the computer and typed in free digi steampunk images and saved quite a lot of them. Stay tuned tomorrow to see the card I ended up sending to him.

Cheers

Violet

 

2 comments:

  1. OOoooo a steampunk card i bet would suit him just fine... A Viking on a bicycle.... ha! You got a chuckle out of me there! Cannot wait to see what you come up with!

    Love this card too Violet but i must admit i bet a steam punk card would be awesome for him! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Violet you opened a whole new world to me. I typed in free digi steampunk images and wow! But i do have a couple of questions.. how do you go about using the images..? What do you print them out on? How do you color them??? Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...