Tuesday, March 18, 2014

More Poppies

Poppies seem to be everywhere right now! The stamp I used yesterday came from a JustRite set I bought at the Paper Pickle the week before. That was the small stamp. Today’s card was made using the larger stamp in the same set.

 


For this card I took two pieces of paper and cut them on an angle and taped the opposite ones together at the back. Then I placed an orangey ribbon over the seam. The stamped image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and then die cut with one of the fancy Spellbinder’s oval die. While it was still in the die, I sponged Distress Ink Old Paper lightly around the edges and then Mustard Seed over and around the image, including the flowers. Mustard Seed seems to just hi-lite some of the colours, like orange. After gluing on the oval   I added a bow  from the same ribbon that I tied with my home-made bow maker.There is a gold sentiment sticker in the lower left hand corner.

This is going to be a busy day with errands done this morning and a walk planned this afternoon. Tomorrow there is a 90% chance of rain which should get rid of most of the snow that’s left but I’m not doing the happy dance because there is a 40% chance of snow on Thursday – welcome to March weather in Ontario.

 Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...