Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Digi Stamp Poppies

The rain is coming down nice and gently so hopefully it will slowly melt the snow and reduce the threat of flooding. We walked along Mud Creek yesterday and the creek is overflowing already and there is still a lot of ice on it in some places, open water in others. We saw one high school student test it out and decide to walk across it instead of walking up to the next road (about half a block ahead) and he made it but we held our breath waiting for him to get across. It’s not a deep creek but it would likely be up to his arm pits and very cold if he fell through. Kids! Especially teenage boys!

There are a lot of free digi stamps on the Internet and I saved a few of them. This one I really liked because I figured it can be used for any occasion – and their poppies!
 

I coloured these with my trusty old Prismacolor pencils and then die cut the image with a Spellbinder die. This was mounted on the background paper (stash) that I had wrapped a white ribbon around with the bow in the centre. The sentiment stamp is from Hot Off the Press and then I just added some small white pearls.

That’s all for a rainy Wednesday!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...