Friday, May 30, 2014

Stamping Bella Challenge card and a Hummingbird

It’s almost 11:00 pm and I’m just posting on the blog for the day. No excuse except I just plain forgot. We finally had a quiet day here with very little getting done except a load of laundry that dried beautifully on the line and a few errands run. Mostly it was relaxing out in the backyard, reading or chatting. We have been so busy this last month that we just needed a day to do nothing. As we were eating our lunch in the backyard this hummingbird decided to eat right along with us so I ran back to the house and grabbed my camera and got this shot. Beautiful!

 
Today’s card is for the Stamping Bella challenge. She presented a photo with lots of flowers on it and said to pick what ever we wanted for a card. Here’s mine.


Image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. All ovals are from Spellbinders. The paper is from the stash, as usual. The sentiment is from Hot Off the Press and I see I lost a gem on the right. That's an oops that I will fix. The flowers were pulled from a bunch from the dollar store and then I sprayed them with home made glimmer mist which stiffens them and makes them shiny and then I added a pearl in the centre and stuck some ferns underneath that were punched out with a Martha Stewart punch. The colouring of the image is what takes the longest and the rest comes together very quickly.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. We are expecting two more gorgeous days here and I hope your weather is as nice where you are.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Just back from Anniversary trip and this weekend will be full of unpacking...washing clothes... downloading pics off of camera etc, etc.....need to go get some groceries back in the house.. What a fab picture you got there!! What a shot! As always your card is beautiful! I hope you win the challenge!!Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...