Thursday, May 22, 2014

They Even Love the Box


Mmmmmh. It’s May in Ontario which means fresh asparagus! We love asparagus, especially when it’s local fresh organic asparagus. I bought over $30.00 worth today and we are having it for supper plus I froze 9 bags of it for this winter. Joe’s cousin’s church was making rhubarb pies today as well so we bought three of them. The freezer is getting full. Glad someone’s rhubarb did well. We planted a root two years ago and have yet to taste it. It’s only up about 6” again this year. I think I need a new root! Time to make a call to his cousin.

Today’s card is for the Stamping Bella challenge and as a bonus it fit into the criteria for another Christmas card challenge. This stamp is called They Even Love the Box.

 
Once again the image was coloured with Prismacolor markers and blended with gamsol. The paper is from the stash. The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from Hot Off the Press. Buttons from the dollar store. Pretty quick card to put together actually. The sketch from Stamping Bella did not have the twine or button by the sentiment but I decided it needed something there so I went ahead and added it. When I had it done I realized I had not checked the criteria for the other site, www.christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca/ and found out it was to make a Christmas card with buttons and twine! Bonus for sure! One more Christmas card done!

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...