Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Minion Card

Wow, it’s Tuesday already. This is the first day since last Thursday that I’ve felt like my usual self. The old brain disorders attacked last Thursday and didn’t want to leave. It’s been pretty quiet around here. It rained all day Saturday so we couldn’t have gone for a bike ride anyway. Saturday was one of my grandson’s birthdays so we went to see him on Sunday and had a nice BBQ lunch at their house.  However, today was a good day and I got lots done.

My daughter just shared a post with me on Facebook about a little 5 year old boy with a fatal, inoperable brain tumour who loves to receive cards, especially birthday cards. His birthday is July 25 but after that a simple Thinking of You card would do just fine. I’ve check this out on Snopes and it is legit. Here is the link with his address if you would like to send him a card. www.6abc.com/201528. In case this link does not work for you, it should but if doesn’t, here’s his address:
Danny Nickerson
P.O. Box 212
Foxboro, MA 02035

 

Here is the card I made for my grandson. He just turned seven.

 
 
This was a free digi stamp of a Minion that I found on the Internet and downloaded. Sorry, I did not record the site so I cannot direct you to it. I coloured it with a combination of alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils. The balloon was die cut and then I punched tiny holes on the top and bottom of his hand and ran a piece of thick thread through so it looks like he is holding it. The thread is glued to the back of the balloon and then I drew the line across the bottom of the balloon with a black pen to make it look like the balloon was tied there. The balloon was popped up with dimensional glue dots. The paper is all from my stash and the sentiment is a sticker. Squares were die cut with a Spellbinder die. He liked it so that was good. I made two of these so maybe I’ll send the other one to the sick boy Danny.

That’s all folks,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE minions don't you? I'am usually not a cartoon person. But i have a hubby who LOVES cartoons so i'am still exposed to them even the the kids are grown and gone and no grandkids nearby... But they make him smile and sometimes laugh so how can i deny him that. :) AND there are a few i have come to like myself and the minions are one of them. This is a great card Violet. I think BOTH little boys would love it. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...