Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Seize the Birthday Card on a Stormy Day



Well the change in the weather has determined that this is not a good day for a bike ride after all. When we got up this morning the sun was shining and the weather man said it was going to be a perfect summer day! Wrong again weather man! By 10:30 some grey clouds started rolling and around noon it started to rain. The skies were still full of grey clouds so we cancelled the bike ride.They are calling for about 90% chance of thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday so we were hoping to get a bike ride in today. Hope the weather man is wrong about the weekend weather too!

While waiting for a decision on what to do this morning, I took the time to run some stamped and printed images through the Big Shot using a variety of dies. I used to colour the images completely and then die cut them but a friend of mine mentioned on her blog (http://www.paulinescardcupboard.blogspot.ca) that she now die cuts her images before colouring them in case the die slips and she ruins a perfectly coloured image. Good idea. I’ve ruined a few die cutting them so now that’s what I do. I have a tendency to stamp or download a couple dozen images and then I can just sit and colour anytime I want…which is usually while watching television and my Toronto Blue Jays are on. Did you know if cut two pieces of cardstock at one time, it will cut and emboss? I learned this from watching the Frugal Crafter on You Tube. I can get very bored doing this so I like to do it when I just have an hour or so to kill and don’t want to start a project and have to leave it.

Okay, enough chitchat. Here is another card I made using a Magnolia image.
 


Another cute card for a little boy on his birthday. Pretty simple layout so I won’t bore you with the details except the rectangles were die cut with the Spellbinders Create a Card set and the sentiment was from a Cuttlebug birthday die set. Paper is from the stash, of course. The challenge over at Seize the Birthday blog was to use stripes and/or stars on your card. I happen to like using stripes on my cards so this one will be posted over there as well.

That’s all for a Thursday,

 Cheers
Violet

2 comments:

  1. I would like to purchase a die cut machine one of these days. Do you have any recommendations Violet?? Are dies from other brands interchangeable? No hurry just whenever your looking for something to post about... :)lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable Boy card Violet! Love your coloring...you are really good!! Thanks for joining in with the topping over at Seize the Birthday...and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...