Friday, September 19, 2014

A Christmas Card on a Warm Fall Day



What a beautiful day today! It was still a bit cool this morning but by 11:00 we were outside doing the weekly yard work and it was getting much warmer. We’re still running the furnace at night but turning it off as soon as we get up as it gets very cold during the night. I even got the big front windows and the front door washed and the garden well watered. Now that the work is done I can get back to the fun stuff, like quilting and card making!

Speaking of cards, Stamping Bella’s challenge last week was colour choices and it seemed to confuse a lot of people because I’m the only that submitted a card – odd! Here’s mine:


The colours in the challenge were muted shades of grey and brown. Mine is not exactly those colours but close and Stamping Bella is not that picky about being spot on. I need to get some more colours that I'm missing but so far I haven't found them locally. 

I love this image…so darn cute. I had it all coloured except the scarf and dress for the girl on the right and I just decided that it needed a bit of oomph! It was just getting too dark and dreary for a Christmas card so I coloured them in that pretty blue. Of course, I did all the colouring (Prismacolor Pencils by the way) before I picked out the paper but luckily I had just the perfect colour blue in the stash! Love it when that happens! 

The background paper came from a nice 12x12 paper pack from the dollar store and I had used some of it for other cards and this piece still in the stash so I thought it would look like a nice Winter background look with the white branches. I did flick some white paint over the rest of it too look like snow. Hard to see in the photo but they are there. Once assembled I die cut the banner and then added the sentiment, binding it just a wee bit to fit the curve on the banner. The banner is adhered with dimensional glue dots. One more Christmas card in the pile!

That’s all for a Friday,

Cheers
Violet


2 comments:

  1. So cute! That image is adorable and your coloring is so nice! Thanks for playing our Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Christmas card! Love your coloring!! Thanks for playing at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...