Friday, October 3, 2014

A Seniorita Card



It was rain, rain, rain today and of course, we decided to go and get groceries today! We do hate having to go on a Saturday and its calling for more rain tomorrow anyway so we thought we may as well bite the bullet and go. We only get groceries about every 10 or 12 days….or sometimes two weeks….so when we need groceries, we need groceries. The fridge starts to look a little bare!

This week’s challenge at Stamping Bella was to make a card with a) one of her stamps; b) fun papers; c) 3 bellies. Easy challenge for sure and yet I’m the only one that sent a card in….except for her group that designs for her. I actually made two cards, very similar but just sent one in. Here they are.




I sent in the one with the green scooter and flower. I had these two images of “Seniorita Dolores” stamped and almost all coloured but then didn’t finish them. The images were mostly coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol but then I added some alcohol inks to finish them – why you ask? Because the alcohol markers were sitting right beside me and I was too lazy to get up to get the pencils again. Bad I know!  I sponged the yellow and blue around the image with chalk and brown chalk for the road and then added some left over strips of gold lines. Once they were coloured I flipped through my stash and found some green to mat them on and the other two fun papers that just seemed to be something this “Seniorita” would like! They were taped together on the back and on the front I added more gold strips along the join. The images and the green mat were die cut with the Spellbinder Card Creator dies. The sentiment came with the stamp and I sponged some green chalk over it while still in the Spellbinder deckle edge die and attached it with dimensional glue strips. The flowers were added along with a button centre and I called them done!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...