Thursday, November 6, 2014

Rainy Day Card



Yet another rainy day here in Ontario….but at least it’s not snow! I keep thinking of my blogging friend in California who is wishing for rain and here we are with days of it. And of course we had to get groceries today…why do we always seem to get groceries on a rainy day? Weird how often that has happened this year.

Yesterday I mentioned that besides doing crafty things I also like to do genealogy. A cousin in Chicago has Ancestry and I don’t but I have a lot of background info so we’ve been sending info back and forth and I order birth and death certificates for Canadian ancestors because he cannot do that from U.S.A. However, our local library has Ancestry and it is free to use – unlimited time if you bring your own laptop but limited if using one of their computers. So, if you are interested in researching your family, check with your local library to see what program they may have to help…..and if you happen to be related to the Willett family from North Collins, New York, let me know as we could be related.

Today’s card is one of the quickest cards I’ve ever made, and yet I like it.
 

I had some 8 ½” x 11” paper in my stash, likely from the thrift store as I don’t usually buy that size, and had no idea what to do with it. So, I cut one portion with the two umbrellas just ¼” smaller than my card base, inked the edges and glued it on. Then downloaded that little circle embellishment, inked that edge with the same hot pink; coloured the umbrella in with alcohol markers and glued it on with dimensional glue dots. Done! The rest of the paper is still in the stash but it will be used!

That’s all for a rainy Thursday,
 

Cheers
Violet



1 comment:

  1. HI Violet,

    Well i guess we are not related...lol... My family name is Tigar .....

    Love your card as always. I did wonder how did you get the rain marks on the paper? Is that the alcohol markers?
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...