Saturday, November 8, 2014

Country Christmas Cards



I’ve been getting behind on making my Christmas cards….too much time quilting lately….so this afternoon I sat down and made two cards for this week’s challenges. One challenge at  www.merrymondaychristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca was to make a country Christmas card using browns, creams and tans. The other one was to add no embellishments (www.christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca). I did add a bit of gold to mine and I’m not sure if the deer counts as an embellishment or not so they may not qualify for either challenge but I do have two more cards made!



These two cards were both made the same way. I took a piece of cream cardstock and painted the moon in white and then brushed some water colour paint in light brown over the sky. Once that dried I stamped some Tim Holtz small trees in Distress Ink Old Paper across the background. Then bits of paper worn torn toward me to leave the white edge and glued on. The corner treatments, the sentiments and the strips around the paper are peel-offs. For the deer, I sprayed some paper with writing on it with Walnut Ink and Heirloom Gold spray and let it dry. Then I glued it to some cardboard – and old cereal box – and die cut them with the Tim Holtz die. The edges were inked with Walnut Ink and a bit of light gold was brushed over the top in places. I tied the bakers twine around their neck because they just needed something. I was going to do red and white but the challenge did not include red so I went with the brown and cream. Then I took a small round stamp with dots on it, dipped it into white acrylic paint and stamped the dots in random areas to look like falling snow…it’s hard to see in the sky area but the snow is there too.

So, that’s two more Christmas cards done and all for a Saturday,

Cheers
Violet

3 comments:

  1. These are great, Violet! Love the paper you used on the deer! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll i have to tell you Violet these are some of my favorite cards that you've made! I just love them! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are charming, Violet! Love those deer! Thanks for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...