Monday, December 8, 2014

I'm Back with a Card



Well, I’m back but not quite over the never-ending-virus or whatever it was. Actually I did go to the doctor and he thought it was a virus but took a throat swab just in case and told me to come back Thursday for the results. I went back and the results weren’t in yet but when he re-checked my throat he said he didn’t care what the lab tests said anyway, he was treating me for strep throat. 24 hours after taking the antibiotics I could feel such a difference so I guess it was a bacterial infection of some kind and not a virus. I’m still not doing much but I did get one card finished up so I had something to post today. I’m so glad I made Christmas cards all year and I had enough to send out without scrambling to get them done.



This one is going to one of my great-nieces, Kira. I don’t have her identical twin sister, Brenna’s, card finished yet but I will be colouring it up today. Kira and Brenna are part of my nieces’ triplets, with Ethan being the only boy of the three. I have his and his older brother Nick’s cards finished and they were posted earlier.

Kira loves pink so I made this card for her. It’s a Magnolia image, coloured with Prismacolor pencils. The fancy labels are Spellbinder’s dies and the card is from the stash. It needed a little something extra so I added the ribbon, bow and button. The camera made the red label very red but in real life it has a softer red colour that goes better with the pink. I need to find a new place to take my pictures of the cards.

I think this image would also make a nice birthday card for a little girl with a winter birthday.

That’s all for a Monday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...