Monday, January 26, 2015

Another Win and a Card

It was a pretty quiet weekend here. Joe had a bit of a 24 hour bug Thursday and Friday but he thought he felt well enough on Saturday to go for a walk, but some foods still do not agree with him, so we pretty much stayed put on Sunday so he wouldn’t pass it on to anyone else. So far I’m safe from it. It was a damp, cold day anyway, so good day to stay in. I finished another quilt top and then hit the lower studio (aka the basement) and made some cards.

Today was quilting day at the church where we make comfort quilts to be given out locally and quilts for children with cancer. These go to Sick Kids in London and every child diagnosed with cancer gets a quilt. Bitter cold again today but luckily it’s not far from the house to the car and from the car to the church.

Before I headed out to the church I checked some sites on the Internet and it turned out I won a $50.00 gift from Die-Namites dies! Cool! All I did was leave some comments on their blog hop! Joe, of course, says, “Why can’t you win some lottery money instead of more crafting stuff?” “Well, because I seldom ever buy a lottery ticket for one thing and I guess fate has decided I need more crafting supplies.” ….and I got the eye-roll for that comment!

Today’s card is quite different than the ones I normally make. I’m trying to break out of my comfort area and do some different things. This was all stamped with a Stampin’ Up stamp but unfortunately I cannot tell you the name of it because the name is long gone. This was a thrift store find from a year or two ago, brand new and never seen ink, $2.99 or $3.99 for the set, in the container. I couldn’t pass it up. It’s likely retired anyway. It was a friendship set because it included a sentiment about friends. If you know the name of it, please leave it in the comments.

The background paper started out as an 8 ½” x 11” light beige with a bit of a splotchy pattern in it piece of cardstock – very boring! So rubbed some Distress Inks around it and then splattered on some hot pink or red ink and then cut it down to the right size.  I used one of these pieces on a card I posted last week and the rest of these will show up on other projects. Then I stamped the flower bushes three times having some go off the page and the bottom was inked with walnut ink and some black to ground it. Then the butterflies were stamped – came with the same set. The ribbon just sets it off nicely and then I mounted it on some brown. The brown strip with the sentiment, a peel-off, matches the brown behind the focal image.This could be a sympathy card as well. I may have to make another one.

That’s all for a Monday,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...