Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Distress Ink Background


This morning’s walk was even more slippery than yesterday which I didn’t think was possible, but it was. The sun must have been just strong enough yesterday afternoon to just barely melt the top of the ice and then when the temperatures dropped again, it froze. What a mess. We couldn’t wait to get over to the survey so we could walk on the streets. We woke up to snow flurries this morning but they were almost gone when we started the walk; then about half an hour in we started to hear the sound of snow pellets bouncing off our coats; and then the snow came again – and didn’t stop until almost 5:00 tonight. Poor Joe had to shovel once again. Just a couple of years ago we only had to clear the driveway about 3 times all winter….those days could come back anytime. I am so ready for spring.

Last night I was feeling a little better so I called my friend to see if she wanted to come over and help me make a pair of slippers for Joe and she jumped at the change. She lent me the pattern just before Christmas but I hadn’t gotten around to making them. She made slippers from that pattern for her sisters for Christmas so she was familiar with it, as I was not. Joe hates hard soled slippers and that’s all we can find right now. They turned out great and he was thrilled with them. We had them cut out and sewn together in about an hour and a half and that was with us chatting too. Good time!

Today’s card was made with another hand made background. I really like making my own backgrounds. This one was done mostly with Distress Inks.



A few colours of Distress Inks were rubbed into a white cardstock panel. Then a stencil was placed over the top and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink was rubbed though the stencil here and there to give it a distress look. Then the Inkadinkado butterfly stamp was stamped with Archival ink. Colour was added to the butterflies by wetting a paint brush and picking up a bit of various Distress Ink and painting them in. The sentiment is from HOTP and then a strip of gold peel-off was added underneath of it and bits of gold peel-offs were added to some of the butterfly bodies. It was then mounted onto the green paper and then onto a white card base. Before I glued the stamped image to the green I die cut a piece out of the middle and used that to back the greeting inside. No one sees where it was cut out so why waste paper?

That’s all for a very cold Wednesday,

 
Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...