Thursday, March 12, 2015

A New Die


It’s not as warm here today so I don’t feel quite so bad about not wanting to get outside for a walk. The dreaded head cold continues to hang on.

So, with not much to talk about, here’s today’s card. This one was made with one of the Die-Namites dies I won. Love them.


I die cut it first out of dark green; then the flowers out of an orange patterned paper; and the inside of the leaves from light green. The background paper was off-white with an off-white check so I ran some inks around it to give it a bit more dimension. Then I glued the dark green base flower on where I wanted it and then each orange petal was glued in separately….a little time consuming but not too bad; and then the light green was glued to the leaves.

Hmmm. It looked like it was floating on the paper. What to do, what to do? I thought of adding strips of ribbon or strips of paper but as I picked up an old 6” paper pack this, strip of border paper fell out. The colours were perfect and it fit perfectly. As I laid it down to see how it looked I decided that the orange flowers looked like they were behind a wall and I liked it! Small gems were added to the flower centres and some around the card. These came from The Dollar Tree in the make-up aisle – they were designed for gluing to fingernails so they are very tiny. I got this tip from The Frugal Crafter.

 That’s all for a Thursday,

 
Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...