Monday, March 9, 2015

A New Stamp!!!



I was hoping to avoid it but it started last night – the dreaded winter cold that Joe has! I seldom ever catch a cold even though he has two or three each winter but this time I wasn’t so lucky. Hopefully it won’t hang on like his is doing! He heard on the radio that there was a cold virus going around that was very difficult to get rid of and I think he has it…we’re beginning to call it the “never-ending cold”. Oh well, nothing serious, just a head cold….hasn’t slowed me down yet.

The snow is melting very slowly but it’s going down! It will be awhile before we see our lawn again but we can tell the snow is leaving. Usually by this time of the year I have snow drops blooming……….but not this year!

I did get some new cards made over the weekend and this is one of them.
 

This is one of the new releases from Stamping Bella that I won last fall and never got around to stamping it. This one was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol. I put a thin layer of glossy accents across her eye goggles and a thicker layer on the lights. You probably can’t tell in the photo but in real life it just gives the card that little bit of “extra”. The flag was just too wide for the size of the die (Spellbinder Create-A-Card) so I cut around it before placing it in the die and pulled the cut piece to the outside so it wouldn’t get cut off.

The sentiment, in case you can’t read it, came with the stamp and it says, “When things don’t’ go right…go left”.  I think this would be suitable card for someone going through a rough spell.  The sentiment was die cut with another Spellbinders die and it was left in the die while I pounced some Mustard Seed Distress Ink in lightly in the middle using a stencil brush. The stencil brushes leave a very light colour and I like that subtle touch behind sentiments. It is popped up on dimensional glue strips.

That’s all for a Monday, March-09-15

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...