Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Swirl Birthday Card



The snow has started to melt and walking down some sidewalks is asking to get soaked! There seems to be some drain holes that are plugged and the water is quite deep in spots and the cars are splashing it up over the sidewalk….and no, they don’t seem to be slowing down to avoid doing this. As long as the temperature stays right around and slightly above the 0C (32F) mark, the snow should melt slowly and not cause any flooding…..but it has a lot of snow to melt!

I made two birthday cards last week and wasn’t sure which one I wanted to post for the challenge on the Seize the Birthday challenge blog but it turns out you can post up to three cards so I decided to post this one as well.
 

 I wanted to try out one of the new swirl stamp sets I scored at the thrift store last week. It started out as white cardstock and the swirls were stamped using my Big and Juicy ink pad from Rangers…..I like how those colours blend so nicely. Once the ink dried the white background just glared back at me so I took some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and gently sponged it all over the card leaving the centre lighter than the outside. I tied a ribbon (Stampin’ Up) around the bottom and die cut a Memory Box butterfly and body out of some matching Stampin’ Up paper. Then in the stash I found this light blue paper than matched some of the swirl colour and die cut the top filigree butterfly. I ran a VersaMark pen over the filigree butterfly and then pounced on some clear eye shadow that contains mica (Dollar Tree find) to give some shimmer. I used some dark blue ink and stamped the fancy label (another thrift store find) rather than just having a plain box and then stamped the sentiment (HOTP). Once everything was dry I glued it to a white card base.

That’s all for a wet Saturday, March-07-15

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...