Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Rare Saturday Card



Surprise! It’s Saturday and I’m posting…..that’s because it is a dull, gloomy day with a good chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon, and tonight, and tomorrow so no bike ride or hike today! (insert big sigh here). We had a very busy day yesterday and by the time I thought about posting it was time to go to the card class I signed up for at our local Stampin’ Up reps house, The Pampered Stamper! She was hosting a technique night with 3 other reps and it was a blast!.....and I learned some new techniques and was reminded of others I haven’t used in awhile. More experimenting coming!

Today’s card is a combination of the new Stampin’ Up thinlit die I bought along with one of the Tim Holtz’s crazy bird stamps I bought. This card is for my grandson whose birthday is coming up in July.



This is a flip card and I started out with a piece of Stampin’ Up cardstock, Night of Navy I think. Both the cardstock and the birthday paper was die cut at the same time and then I simply cut off a bit of the designer paper so it left the blue edge. They don’t stay shut very well so I used a piece of the left over cardstock to make a band and then added the party hat at the seam. The sentiment is computer generated and no, it is not crooked on the card but the flip part is partly open instsead of laying flat. The smaller label comes with the set as does the arrow which is partly hidden by the band.

This is the way it looks opened up.


The bird was coloured with alcohol markers. The balloons were die cut, glued on and then glossy accents was added and a line of white glitter. The lines were drawn with a black pen. The saying on the side was computer generated as well. You can clearly see the yellow arrow here that points to both sentiments. Cool! I think he will like it.

That’s all for a dreary Saturday, June-13-15

Cheers
Violet



1 comment:

  1. Yeah for new techniques and experimenting!! I was beginning to wonder where the bird was you were talking about lol... I think he looks great on the inside and totally unexpected. :)

    I'm so glad your sister came thru the procedure just fine. :) Heart problems run in my hubby's family and that is always scary....

    Thunderstorms expected here this afternoon/evening too...Yesterday we had 2/3 nice downpours. It rained nonstop when first got here to AR but hasn't rained a drop for two weeks or more until yesterday..so this is good , really needed some. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...