Thursday, June 11, 2015

I'M BACK



Yes, I’m back! My sister came through the procedure like the trooper she is and the surgeon was very pleased (and I think surprised) that her arteries were clear of plaque and no stents were needed and definitely not by-pass surgery. That being the case, he came to the conclusion that her heart has decided that it no longer likes one of the many meds she is on (even though she has been on it for over 5 years) and he has adjusted her medication that he hopes will work better. She may still have some angina attacks but she can live with that. She was well enough for her to be in her own home today so we took her back.Thank you for the prayers and good wishes.

Last week one of my faithful followers who recently moved from California to Arkansas said she had a “new visitor” to her new home and could I guess what it was. Well, I know her property is out in the country and she said she has seen deer already so what else could it be?? Well, I know this person loves hummingbirds so I’m going to guess that she has hummingbirds in Arkansas too! Right or wrong Deb?

A couple of weeks ago I ordered a couple of stamp sets from a Close to My Heart dealer and I picked them up this afternoon. She had some retired sets on sale so I bought three of them too. I’m so bad, I know! So, lots of experimenting coming up with them.

Today’s card is another one I made with the new Stampin’ Up flip thinlit die.


This is the front of the card closed up and with a sleeve on to keep it closed. Once I wrapped the left over paper around the card and glued it shut I added the die cut butterfly to hide the seam. The sentiment looks crooked but it is on straight but the flip part did not lay flat for the picture.

Here is the inside of the card....

 .....and if you look to the far right you can see an extra flap that is left plain. That is for people to write a personal not to the recipient. This is very easy to do and if you have this die I suggest you check out some YouTube videos to pick a procedure you like best. There is more than one way to do this and I like the one where you cut the card to size and let the far end go over the die instead of under but you may like another way.

That’s all for a  Thursday,

Cheers
Violet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...