Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Swing Card



This is going to be a quick post because I’m tired and ready to flop out on the sofa with a book. We decided it was just too nice today to stick around the house so we had a BBQ lunch with my sister and then hit the trails at Rondeau and did 28.4km on the bikes. It was a beautiful day with a refreshing breeze blowing but let me tell you, riding a bike in the sun and wind for 28.4 km leaves one tired!

So, today’s card is another one I made with the swing die from Stampin’ UP.


This is the card closed. I like to cut a strip of paper about 1” wide to wrap around the closed card to keep it closed. I lay the strip down, lay the card on top, not in the centre, and fold in the edges and glue together where they meet, usually just off the centre, and then add an embellishment to hide the closing spot. This time I die cut a butterfly (Memory Box die) in white and then the overlay in the same purple as the strip and the label above. The sentiment is a peel-off.

Here is the inside of the card.

I used the same designer paper (sorry from my stash so no idea who made it) and added a greeting to the label. I like to use the method that extends the card so you have a place to write a personal greeting so that panel was left white with the edges inked in the same purple ink.

Then I decided it needed something else so I glued on that Happy Birthday ribbon all the way around it. It just broke up the pattern just enough.

That’s all for a lovely Wednesday evening,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...