Thursday, August 6, 2015

An Old Stamp but Still a Good One



Grass cutting and gardening work done for the week! It’s a bit cool if you are sitting in the shade but working in the sun was very hot. I went out the front door which is shaded by two large trees and the wind is unrestricted and went back in and said to Joe, “It’s a bit cool today”. He went out the back door, totally fenced in yard so very little wind, and it has no shade at all and thought I was losing it!.....totally different temperatures. We ate lunch on the front porch and I needed a long sleeved shirt on…..but I’m always colder than he is.

Today’s card was made with one of the first stamps I ever bought and every once in awhile I pull it out and use it again.


This was made using one of the pre-embossed card panels that I picked up at the thrift store and was determined to use them up. The background was painted with splashes of water colour paint. Then water colour paint was splattered across the panel. The edges were rubbed with Distress Tumbled Glass ink. The bird was inked first with VersaMark; then black archival ink and then embossed with black embossing powder. Small coloured gems were placed here and there on the stamped image….it just needed some sparkle.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink. Once it was all dry it was glued to a beige card base.

That’s all for a cool or hot; shady or sunny; windy or not windy day – depending on where you are standing!

Cheers
Violet


1 comment:

  1. I just love that stamp Violet! Very pretty. I like how you did the water color too. No other way to say it , its just downright hot and humid here...uuughh... We are all holding our breath for fall! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...