Monday, December 21, 2015

A Dog Card


What a dreary wet day it is today….and will be all week. Definitely a green Christmas here in Canada – the country that most people in the world refer to as the land of ice and snow – well, you will have to go WAY up north to see that. If you didn’t see yesterday’s post I urge you to scroll down and see the Vermilion Flycatcher from Texas that decided to visit Canada! We were lucky to see him and I got some excellent shots as well.

Today’s card is a card I made for my daughter and her family because they have two black labs that were abandoned or got separated from their owners during    Hurricane Katrina that hit New Orleans. They were brought to Canada and my daughter, who already had a black lab that has since died, decided to adopt the two brothers.

 
The dog and holly are fabric. Once again I cut around it and fused the dog to the red cardstock and the holly spring to white cardstock. My daughters have a tendency to dress up their pets so I decided he needed more than the scarf that was part of the fabric and made the hat out of felt and glued it on. The background is one piece of that green swirl, with the plaid strip added to the left and the polka dot to the bottom. I decided I really needed to stay in the traditional Christmas colours for this card. I wasn’t sure what to do for a sentiment and then I decided it needed a little whimsy so I die cut the Ho Ho Ho out of red cardstock using an old Cuttlebug alphabet die set.

That’s all for a wet Monday, December-21-15

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Your card is lovely. I like to cards out of fabric too. (especially since I don't sew anymore. Need to use my fabric for something...smile!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...