Friday, December 18, 2015

A Saved from the Garbage Card


Not much to report today. I didn’t feel like measuring the borders for the Irish Chain quilt today so instead I started the last quilt of the year – another scrappy quilt for my daughter. I love starting a new project. I wish I could afford to send my quilts out to be quilted like a lot of quilters do but that is just not in my budget……over $200 for a double size quilt!.....and I’m on my 6th one this month. Not going to happen. I will slowly but surely quilt them on my little domestic sewing machine instead.

Today’s card features the painted ornaments that I didn’t like the background in the water colour cards I posted a week or so ago.



I liked the ornaments, hated the background. So, instead of throwing the entire thing in the garbage I used my Spellbinder’s circle die to die cut one small ornament. Then I used a Sizzix ornament die to die cut the other two…….and the hangers in silver. I die cut a piece of glitter paper just where the swirly part of the die is and replaced the coloured ones.  The background is a piece of green cardstock that I ran through the pine branch embossing folder and then glued it down backwards so the debossed side showed. Sometimes I just like the debossed side better. The pink ornament was glued down flat; the other two were attached with thin dimensional glue dots. The string holding the dies are fancy silver peel-offs which I wound through the die cut holly branch (Tim Holtz) which was distressed with walnut ink and then glittered. The small blue ornament looked blah so I added a silver snowflake peel-off to it. Overall, it didn’t turn out too badly seeing there was a chance it was going to be garbage.

That’s all for a cold, windy Friday…..have a great weekend everyone,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...