Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A Snowman Flip Card


Wow, there was a very hard frost last night but it warmed up to a balmy 7C (45F) by this afternoon. Joe had his walk in the morning but I wanted to meet up with a genealogist at the library this afternoon so I had my walk then….well, walk home. My sister showed up for a chat and cup of tea just as I was about to head out so she gave me a ride down when we finished our tea. It’s not very often Joe and I walk separately but we both got some exercise so that’s what counts.

Today’s card was made with the Stampin’ Up Flip Card die with their Night of Navy cardstock.
 


Once the card is cut out – and I like to do it with the extra piece at the end for writing a message (check YouTube for more on this) – it’s time to decorate it. I quite often place an old greeting card under the designer paper or cardstock when I die cut and when I reached in to get one, this snowman card came out. It was just too cute to waste so I die cut and used it on the front of the card. As you can see, it was a little smaller than the card base and I could have trimmed it down but decided I liked the dark blue edge showing so I left it as is. The sentiment on the front is from an old stamp set from HOTP and before I stamped it, I die cut a piece of cardstock with a Spellbinder label die.


 

This is the inside of the card – it looks crooked but its not, it’s because it‘s not opened flat – they are hard to photograph. The inside label was die cut with the smaller version of the same one on the large die and it was stamped with another HOTP stamp. I took a piece of white cardstock and die cut that so it would fit in perfectly. The top of the white panel was stamped with Stampin’ Up – Night of Navy – using a Hero Arts stamp. The snowflake is an old Inkadinkado stamp.

The far white panel was simply stamped with Merry Christmas leaving lots of room for a personal message. I made this with my 8 year old grandson in mind but Joe says it is “too babyish” for him so back to the drawing board!

That’s all for a sunny but cool Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...