Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Two Cards Today


I just looked at the calendar and wow, Christmas is next week! The one drawback of being retired, for me anyway, is that I seldom know what the date is and sometimes I don’t even know what day of the week it is. Joe suggested once that we shouldn’t get up until we know what day it is – I told him some days there would be a good chance I would wet the bed before that happened! He quickly dropped that suggestion. I have all the blocks for the Irish Chain completed and now I just have to lay them out how I like them and sew them together. I had to quit working on it when I realized I hadn’t made my granddaughter a pillow yet. I found one extra block and some left over pieces from the quilt I made her last year and I asked her if she would like a pillow to match and she said a very quick “yes”. Done!

 

Today I’m posting two cards because they are very similar to each other.

 



The card bases are the light blue. They came in a pack of pre-folded cards and envelopes from the dollar store and I wanted to use them up. The dies are all Spellbinders. I love this lacy background die and it is just die cut from white cardstock. It is attached to blue card base with slivers of dimensional glue strips – yes, cutting that tiny is a pain but the end result is worth it. It looks better in real life though as it doesn't show much in the photo.

The middle die was cut out of the same white cardstock and the sentiments were stamped with some blue ink I had that matched the card base. It was okay but I decided it needed some pizzazz. So, I covered up the area below where the fancy scroll starts with scratch paper and inked the scrolled part with VersaMark and then the same blue ink as the sentiment and then clear embossing powder and heat set it. I have very few colours of embossing powder so this is my usual method of achieving coloured embossing.  The bottom part was done the same way. Then I tied the bows, attached them and added a pearl. I like a pearl on wedding cards.

That’s all for a Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...