Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Christmas "Swish" Card


No rain so far today but the wind has a bit of a bite in it. We went for our walk this morning and it was hood up, hood down, hood up, for the entire walk (1 hr, 15 minutes today) depending on whether or not there was some shelter where we were walking. This afternoon I went over to help my quilting student finish her wall-hanging but her sewing machine was acting up and it was so frustrating for her. I wish I had brought her over to my house instead. Maybe I’ll still do that and we can go over the stitches again. Now, it’s back to my current quilt – an Irish Chain – for one of my sons-in-law whose mother was Irish.

Today’s card is another Christmas card made with my “swish” die from Spellbinders....in fact all dies used today are Spellbinder dies.

This time I decided to use up some paper from the stash. First thing I did was die cut the swish (for lack of a better description I call it a swish) out of white cardstock, and then the circles out of the Stampin’ Up blue cardstock. The card base and the label is the same blue cardstock. The snowflake paper was just left over from another project and I decided to use it now rather than put it back in the stash. It was glued to the card base leaving about ¼” border; then the white swish was glued on; then the blue circles glued in place; then the snowflake  was added with a dimensional glue dot. The label was glued down last and the sentiment is a gold peel-off. I wanted to extend the gold to the swish so I added three gold snowflake peel-offs to the circles and the snowflake.
That’s all for a windy Tuesday,

 Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...