Friday, January 8, 2016

A Birthday to Remember


The nice weather has gone! The temperatures are still just under the freezing mark but the rain moved in right after lunch and its going to rain off and on for the next two or three days. Good job we got off our butts and got a long walk in again this morning. Some mornings we are tempted to skip the walk but we usually make ourselves go.

I thought I’d end the week with a scrapbook layout I did of my 67th birthday. But before I do that, here is a cute little ditty that is floating around Facebook that I found quite funny. I could see Joe and I having this very conversation.

 
Now here’s the layout.

 
I had this piece of bright blotchy pink cardstock that just happened to match the T-shirt I was wearing in the photos so I decided to use it. I quite often pick the colours for the layout from the photos and in this case, the other prominent colour was the green bushes behind us. We were at Rondeau Provincial Park for the day. The circle is a digital file from the non defunct Scrapbook Etc. magazine site – it was my favourite scrapbooking magazine and so disappointed they quit publishing it! Anyway, back to the layout. I downloaded the circle file and the photos in Photoshop and then printed it off on a piece of 8 ½” x 11” photo paper and then hand cut it leaving that white edge. Then the green piece was cut and the photo circle glued on top…..and yes, I did cut out the middle of the green behind the photos – why waste it! I used it to die cut the sentiments using an old Cuttlebug alphabet die. The black words and butterflies are peel-offs from Paper Wishes. It’s bright but I like it okay.

That’s all for a cool wet Friday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...