BRRRR….BRRRR AND BRRRR AGAIN! The mild winter we were having is so gone! It is currently -10C (14F) but it feels like -17C (1F) and it was even colder this morning. We also had a snow storm over the weekend and although we didn’t a lot of snow the wind was blowing hard – about 70km (44mph) and the driving was apparently quite treacherous with white-out conditions. If you live in the south without snow you cannot imagine how terrifying it is to encounter a white-out…..you literally cannot see more than a few feet in front of the car and if you are out in the country you have no idea if you are even on the road or heading for the ditch. Needless to say, we do not leave the house with weather like this. We did manage to get a nice long walk in again on Saturday between the rain/snow but that was it for us.
Today’s card is a typical type card that I make – called winging it! I know some people like to use a sketch and plan everything out ahead of time but unless I’m entering a challenge, it’s just not something I do on a regular basis. Here’s the card and I’ll tell you how it came about.
The main image is a Magnolia image that I had coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol, and it was just sitting in a pile with the others. I picked up a bag of blue paper scraps and thought I should make a card with some of these. In the bag was the white strip with Merry Christmas already stamped on – and obviously not used when stamped. So, I just pulled some blue strips and started taping them together at the back. I turned it over and flipped onto the desk wondering what I was going to do next. So, it sat there for a few days and then I picked it up and thought, it needs silver and brought out the silver peel-offs and started adding some – plain lines and fancy lines on all the seams. Better. It obviously had to be a Christmas card at this point so I went through the coloured images and found this one in blue and decided it would work. It was trimmed down leaving about and 1/8” border and then glued to the blue die cut (Spellbinders) oval. Then the oval was glued to the card front and silver peel-off stars were added. Not bad and it will do nicely for one of my great-nieces next Christmas.
That’s all for a very cold Monday,